This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Optimization of conditional access to globals: thread-unsafe?
- From: Eric Botcazou <ebotcazou at adacore dot com>
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at adacore dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, skaller <skaller at users dot sourceforge dot net>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2007 07:34:37 +0100
- Subject: Re: Optimization of conditional access to globals: thread-unsafe?
- References: <Pine.LNX.email@example.com> <472658C6.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
> Note also that excessive inlining often is a loss due to
> increase in icache pressure. In Ada it is the style to
> carefully mark inlinable routines with pragma Inline, and
> we often find in Ada that use of -O3, which activates
> automatic inlining, going beyond what the programmer has
> asked for, is often an overall loss.
That's a little outdated though, 4.x behaves differently.