Re: Optimization of conditional access to globals: thread-unsafe?

Bart Van Assche writes:

 > We need a solution today for the combination of C/C++ and POSIX
 > threads, we can't wait for the respective language standardization
 > committees to come up with a solution.

And, in the proposed memory model, I believe we have one.  If there is
some reason you believe the proposed memory model won't be sufficient,
then maybe we can start looking at doing something gcc local.  But it
would surely be much better to do this through the ISO TC.  They will
doubtless be glad to respond to any concerns that you have.

Andrew.