This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Infinite loop in compiling javax/swing/text/html/parser/HTML_401F.list
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <gerald at pfeifer dot com>
- To: David Daney <ddaney at avtrex dot com>
- Cc: Dominique Dhumieres <dominiq at lps dot ens dot fr>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 13:40:22 +0100 (CET)
- Subject: Re: Infinite loop in compiling javax/swing/text/html/parser/HTML_401F.list
- References: <20071027225815.E0F355BBA4@mailhost.lps.ens.fr> <472441A7.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sun, 28 Oct 2007, David Daney wrote:
> You need at least 256MB of memory to compile HTML_401F. A lot of time
> is also useful. If the system is not thrashing, I would give it a
> couple of hours before calling it broken.
Have we reduced memory consumption recently? On i386-freebsd the number
I identified earlier this year was 700MB, 512MB definitely _not_ being
sufficient. I'd be very interested in your measurements, perhaps we can
reduce the limit somewhat!