Re: RFC: Creating a live, all-encompassing architectural document for GCC

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 19:34 +0200, Basile STARYNKEVITCH wrote:
> Diego Novillo wrote:

> I am more thinking loud than actually believing that it would be a good
> idea to switch to literate programming; I have mixed feelings towards
> this approach, which has been extensively used in the C-- compiler
> http://cminusminus.org/ . My personal (biased) view is that
> sophisticated compiler technology should be coded in higher level
> languages than C, C++ or Java

Felix uses literate programming and a high level language (Ocaml).
Switching gcc to high level language will have more benefits and
be easier than using LP.

I like LP, but it is monolithic and invasive, and needs its
own tools (syntax colouring .. all gone :)