Re: GCC 4.3 release schedule

Mark Mitchell wrote:
As I said in
my status report, our practice has been to cut the release branch when
we reach 100 regressions, and release 2-4 months after that point,
depending on quality on the branch.  To be honest, I'd rather wait
longer to make the branch -- but there tends to be intense pressure in
the developer community to make a branch so we can get on to the next
round of major features.

I don't want to start a flame-fest, but perhaps we could reconsider the release-branching criteria.

As Richard indicated, some (including me) might prefer delaying the branch until we are much closer to the release. It doesn't seem ideal to re-live the 4.2 schedule ad infinitum.

As for what the actual date for release should be, I have no preference.

David Daney