This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: How widely used are <ext/hash_set> and <ext/hash_map>?
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Joe Buck <Joe dot Buck at synopsys dot COM>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 25 Oct 2007 21:52:52 -0700
- Subject: Re: How widely used are <ext/hash_set> and <ext/hash_map>?
- References: <20071026044006.GB31552@synopsys.com>
Joe Buck <Joe.Buck@synopsys.COM> writes:
> The thread arguing about this has gone on for a while, so I think
> it's time to gather some data to answer the question of just how bad
> it will be if we accept the decision to move ext/hash_set and ext_hash_map
> into a different directory and to deprecate them.
> Any of you out there who put out distros or port collections: how many
> packages in your distro use these classes? You can grep for
> '# *include *<ext/hash'
> I'm particularly interested in the "Debian number", since the package
> collection is so large. Other information about use of these classes
> will be interesting as well.
Here is something to look at: