This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
alias and pointers analysis
- From: "Fran Baena" <franbaena at gmail dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 16:54:24 +0200
- Subject: alias and pointers analysis
once i have been reading lots of documents about SSA computing. I have
a few questions, conceptual ones, that stop me understanding the whole
goal of the method. Here i go:
* Why alias analysis? I mean, the pointers could be versioned like the
others vars. (I'm not saying it's not usefull, i mean i don't
understand the alias analisys goals)
* What is the significance of Use-Def chains? How are they construct?
Are related to VDEF/DEF and VUSE/USE?
Note: i'm beginning i'd need something basic, conceptual docs.
thanks and c u all