This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
A question about df
- From: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: zadeck at naturalbridge dot com
- Cc: Ayal Zaks <ZAKS at il dot ibm dot com>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:52:06 +0200
- Subject: A question about df
While testing a patch for the SMS I got an ICE which seems
to be related to the fact we build def-use chains only
and not use-def chains. (removed in the following patch -
The problem arises when we delete an insn from the df that contains a
use but do not update the def-use chain of it's def as we do not have
the use-def chain to reach it's def, This later causes a problem when
we try to dump the def-use chain of it's def.
So, it seems that when asking for only def-use problem and later dump
the function we should ask for use-def problem as well to avoid cases
like the above.