This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: help in deciphering a call RTL instruction
- From: Revital1 Eres <ERES at il dot ibm dot com>
- To: "Sunzir Deepur" <sunzird at gmail dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 21:59:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: help in deciphering a call RTL instruction
> (call (mem:QI (symbol_ref:SI (\"check_match.7758\") [flags 0x3]
> 0x404a3e80 check_match>) [0 S1 A8])
> (const_int 0 [0x0]))
> Q: does this instruction call the function check_match.7758 or
I think that when we do function specialization/cloning (for the IPA
constant propagation pass for instance) we also create a new name for
the new version of the function such that instead of calling to the
original function we call the new version.