modified x86 ABI

At EMC we have a version of GCC which targets the x86 with a non
standard ABI -- it produces code for 64 bit mode mode, but with types
having the 32 bit ABI sizes.  So, ints, longs, and pointers are 32
bits -- that is, it's ILP32 rather than LP64 -- but with the chip in
64 bit mode.

Actually, pointers are somewhat schizophrenic -- software 32 bits,
hardware 64 bits.

Currently the changes are against 3.4.6 and are not yet
``productized''.

If this set of changes was cleaned up, finished, and made relative to
top of trunk rather than relative to 3.4.6, would people be interested
in them?

Put another way, should I bother to post them to gcc-patches (probably
3-6 months out) for possible inclusion into gcc?

Thanks.

Later,

David