How do I upgrade gcc/g++ on a Mac

Hi,

We have 2 different Macs, both running 10.4 OS but different builds of the
same versions of gcc/g++/gdb. With the older set of tools we see gdb failures
debugging some C++ applications (faulty line table information). Debugging
the same program on with the later builds, works fine. We've tried the automatic
update service on the Mac but it doesn't update either g++ or gdb.

Is there a way to get the latest gcc/g++/gdb on a Mac? We're not interested
in hearing that we should upgrade to Leopard (we plan to:-) because we're
more interested in what we can tell our customers than how anything else. We
provide a gdb-based C/C++ debugger in NetBeans 6.0 and this Mac bug makes
our debugger fail. If we could tell customers how to upgrade their compilers
then that would resolve the issue.

Thanks,
Gordon