Re: University coursework & GCC

> I am currently looking for a topic for graduation thesis.  I would
> like it to be in the area of GCC code generation enhancements, and my
> current best choice is providing predication support in selective
> scheduling.  If you have anything to suggest, I will be very glad to
> hear; or maybe your answers will provide helpful directions for other
> students who want a GCC-related term/graduation project.

Finding a GCC enhancement to implement for your thesis is, I would
think, unlikely to meet the academic requirements.  On the other hand, I
would recommend reading journals from ACM SIGPLAN, the ACM Digital
Library, etc., finding an interesting topic in the academic sense and
use GCC as a basis for experimenting with that idea.  GCC is much better
suited to such experimentation than it was 5-10 years ago.

Good luck!

Ben