This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
re: Should build-sysroot be considered for setting inhibit_libc?
- From: "Dan Kegel" <dank at kegel dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: "Stephen M. Kenton" <skenton at ou dot edu>
- Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 23:36:46 -0700
- Subject: re: Should build-sysroot be considered for setting inhibit_libc?
Stephen M. Kenton asked:
> Should specifiying newlib in the absence of the newlib source continue
> to be treated as meaning "force inhibit_libc" in some cases, or should
> inhibit_libc just be exposed if that is desirable?
FWIW, crosstool.sh has this little snippet in it:
# Building the bootstrap gcc requires either setting inhibit_libc, or
# having a copy of stdio_lim.h... see
cp bits/stdio_lim.h $HEADERDIR/bits/stdio_lim.h
If it'd be cleaner to let the caller directly force inhibit_libc,