Re: Preparsing sprintf format strings

Ross Ridge wrote:
> The compiler can't in general know what encoding that printf, fprintf,
> and sprintf will use to parse the string.  It's locale dependent.

Does this mean it can vary from one run of the program to another?  I'll
admit I don't understand locales very well, but doesn't this sound like
a recipe for security holes?

Bernd
--
This footer brought to you by insane German lawmakers.
Analog Devices GmbH      Wilhelm-Wagenfeld-Str. 6      80807 Muenchen