Re: Make/bootstrap failure on i386-apple-darwin8.10.1 (Intel Core Duo)

Jack Howarth <howarth@bromo.msbb.uc.edu> writes:

>    Why should using a Canadian Cross suddenly break on
> Mac OS X? We have been using --host when building gcc
> packages in fink on Mac OS X for ages and it has never
> been a problem. I would think this should become a PR
> if gcc trunk has regressed on this issue.
>             Jack
> ps For example, see...
>
> http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-testresults/2007-07/msg00847.html

The change in behaviour is due to changing the top level configure
script from using autoconf 2.13 to autoconf 2.59.  With autoconf 2.59,
if you want to build a normal package--one that will run on the
machine on which you are doing the build--and you want to say which
host to build it for, you must use --build, not --host.

All complaints should be directed to the autoconf maintainers.

Ian