Re: GCC spec posting on AMD Barcelona

Andrew Walrond wrote:
Michael Meissner wrote:
We have performance results that show GCC now delivers outstanding performance
on AMD's Quad-core Barcelona processors.  We've just posted our SPECint results
tests with GCC 4.1.2 on AMD's Quad-core Barcelona processors.  We just want to
thank all of you for doing such a great job on the performance front.  Our
posted benchmark results are at http://developer.amd.com/gcc.

Solid support for the gnu toolchain and linux kernel is a _fundamental_ requirement when I make buying decisions.

Well done, AMD.

I hope your competitors are listening. Some of them are woefully
inadequate in this regard.

Andrew Walrond

Can't we remove this kind of message to some advocacy list. It is really just noise on the gcc development list.