Is stmt_ann()->references_memory equal to !ZERO_SSA_OPERANDS (stmt, (SSA_OP_VUSE | SSA_OP_VIRTUAL_DEFS)?

$subject?  During early optimization the !ZERO_SSA_OPERANDS check doesn't
say the truth (well it does, but only in some sense) while the
references_memory flag seems to be updated ok.

There is one case, for calls, where we set references_memory
unconditionally even if we later might not add any virtual operands at
all.

So, is it ok to replace those checks by checking the variable annotation
instead?

Thanks,
Richard.