Re: GCC "make" errors

mandeep singh bhambra wrote:
> I have installed the latest binutils (2.9.1) available from the GNU ftp site so I cannot understand why this is occuring. Are there some sort of parameter options I need to enter or do I need to reinstall the binutils with parameter options?

On my laptop, with absolutely no attention to updating binutils, I get
tim@linux-tim:~> ld --version
GNU ld (GNU Binutils) 2.17.50.20070726-4 (SUSE Linux)

If you keep both an old and a new binutils installed in separate
directories, it's difficult to assure use of the new one, unless you
reconfigure your gcc --with-ld  so that gcc's implicit use of ld will
take the new one.