Re: GCC 4.3.0 Status Report (2007-09-04)

> Summary
> =======
>
> We are closing in on Stage 3, previously announced for September 10th.
> At this point, I'm not aware of any reason to delay that date.  Are
> there any Stage 2 patches that people don't think will be submitted by
> that point?

I am still planning to do some retuning of inliner (our inline limits
wasn't revisited for inclusion of SSA optimizers).  I am now waiting on
Diego to decide on
that makes the metrics looks quite significandly different.  Then I will
run few tests on our C++/SPEC tester in hope that we can now
significandly cut some of the limits previously pushed up by the tests
with large abstraction (DLV/Tramp3d) and speedup compilation/reduce
binaries.  It will probably take more than 2 days, but I hope it is
acceptable for early stage3. I will be on conference from 10th to 16th,
but I expect to be able to do the benchmarking needed.

Honza