This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: GCC 4.3.0 Status Report (2007-09-04)
- From: Jan Hubicka <hubicka at ucw dot cz>
- To: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 14:34:50 +0200
- Subject: Re: GCC 4.3.0 Status Report (2007-09-04)
- References: <46DE1713.email@example.com>
> We are closing in on Stage 3, previously announced for September 10th.
> At this point, I'm not aware of any reason to delay that date. Are
> there any Stage 2 patches that people don't think will be submitted by
> that point?
I am still planning to do some retuning of inliner (our inline limits
wasn't revisited for inclusion of SSA optimizers). I am now waiting on
Diego to decide on
that makes the metrics looks quite significandly different. Then I will
run few tests on our C++/SPEC tester in hope that we can now
significandly cut some of the limits previously pushed up by the tests
with large abstraction (DLV/Tramp3d) and speedup compilation/reduce
binaries. It will probably take more than 2 days, but I hope it is
acceptable for early stage3. I will be on conference from 10th to 16th,
but I expect to be able to do the benchmarking needed.