Re: recent troubles with float vectors & bitwise ops

tbp wrote:
Paolo Bonzini wrote:
To some extent I agree with Andrew Pinski here. Saying that you need support in a generic vector extension for "vector float | vector float" in order to generate ANDPS and not PXOR, is just wrong. That should be done by the back-end.

I guess i fail to grasp the logic mandating that the intended source level, strictly typed, 'vector float | vector float' should be mangled into an int op with frantic casts to magically emerge out from the backend as the original 'vector float | vector float', but i'm not a compiler maintener: for me it smells like a regression.

Because it's *not* strictly typed. Strict typing means that you accept the same things accepted for the element type. So it's not a regression, it's a bug fix.

Paolo