Re: paranoia on PowerPC

Given the age of paranoia (the version included
with RTEMS is from Cygnus circa 1993), does this
sound familiar or is this a new issue?

What happens if you use -mno-fused-madd option?

Same result for me using RTEMS on psim. Eric N. will have to give a Mac report.

I tested it (the source from netlib.org, that is) with GCC-2.95, 3.3, and various 4.x on Darwin and Linux, both 32-bit and 64-bit; all versions failed with optimisation without -mno-fused-madd, and all versions passed with any optimisation with -mno-fused-madd. So I would say the only bug is in paranoia itself (namely, it flags fused multiply-add as a flaw).

If the RTEMS version of paranoia shows different results, it
probably is time to update it?

Segher