Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list

On Fri, 2007-07-27 at 05:30 -0400, Robert Dewar wrote:

> People asking *language* questions are often told to go
> elsewhere, and that's reasonable. Actually my complaint there
> would be that too often, people on this list answer such off
> topic questions (which is fine), and copy the answers to the
> list (which is not so fine, since it causes more off-topic
> posts).

The only reason I have cc'ed the list on such replies in the past is so
that other list members know that the question has been answered in some
shape or form and to avoid redundant work in generating replies.

I've not seen short two message threads to be a big problem, but I
suppose we could adopt the practice of replying in private (but then we
might have five people doing that).

Ben