Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list

So, the idea of a new mailing list does not seem to be too popular.  I'm
interested in trying to attract new developers and provide basic
information to get folks started.

The basic motivation was that I've heard from several people both
outside and inside GCC development that we can be a pretty hostile bunch.

The GCC Wiki is becoming an excellent resource for that.  So, I've added
a new section http://gcc.gnu.org/wiki/GettingStarted that would be a
central point where we can add all these tidbits of information that may
not be too useful for experienced contributors, but should help everyone
trying to get started.

In there, we would add links to tutorials, howtos and projects that
people may be interested in helping with.