This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list
- From: Rask Ingemann Lambertsen <rask at sygehus dot dk>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2007 15:29:21 +0200
- Subject: Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list
- References: <46A90E7A.email@example.com>
On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:13:30PM -0400, Diego Novillo wrote:
> I would like to propose the creation a new mailing list:
IMHO, DJ hit the nail on the head. Those people who can't figure out to
post to gcc-help@ instead of gcc@ surely won't figure out to post to
gcc-newbies@ instead of gcc@ either. New name, same problem.
If you ask me, we should rename gcc@ to gcc-development@ and maybe rename
gcc-help@ to gcc@. That way we'll catch those who post before they think
about where to post to, Nabble users or otherwise. The trick here is that if
they post before reading <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/lists.html>, then they won't
even know that there is a list called gcc-development@ and it would
therefore be unlikely for them to post to gcc-development@.
Rask Ingemann Lambertsen