Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 02:05:50PM -0700, Andrew Pinski wrote:
> I think this is the wrong aproach.  I have not seen any  "RTFM"
> response for questions of developing of GCC on the gcc@ list.

Agreed.  Also, I think that the charter that Diego describes sounds a
lot like the charter for gcc-help.  And since everyone will read
"GCC development" as "development using GCC as the compiler" it would
quickly become a general Linux/BSD/Unix/GNU tools questions list.
What would go to gcc-help, and what to gcc-newbies?  I think it's
good enough what we have now.  Also, I don't see the point in tossing
junior or beginner gcc developers off of the main list.

I think that when we do steer someone to a different list, we could
take more care to be polite about it than we sometimes are.