Re: Creating gcc-newbies mailing list

David Daney <ddaney@avtrex.com> writes:

> Between gcc@ and gcc-help@ I think we have it pretty much covered.  I
> have not really seen anyone flamed on gcc@ when they ask newbie type
> questions related to GCC development.

I think the risk is not so much that people get flamed, as that they
get non-responsive answers.  And people get discouraged from joining
the community.  I think it may help to have a list for people who
would like to be developers where they can ask simple questions.

I agree that some people turn to asking questions on gcc-help, where
simple questions are treated more kindly.

gcc-newbies may not be the best name, I don't know.

Ian