This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFC: Rename Non-Autpoiesis maintainers category
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- To: Diego Novillo <dnovillo at google dot com>, Kenny Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 15:58:46 -0400
- Subject: Re: RFC: Rename Non-Autpoiesis maintainers category
- References: <46A8E9AC.firstname.lastname@example.org>
>>>>> Diego Novillo writes:
Diego> I've always found the term Non-Autopoiesis too pretentious and
Diego> unnecessarily complex. In a recent thread, Tobias Schluter proposed
Diego> Non-autonomous, which is at least more readily understandable.
Diego> Would this patch be OK? Any other suggestions for a better category
Diego> name? Is anyone violently opposed to changing the category name?
Kenny discovered a different name, but he hasn't publicized the
recommendation yet. I agree that non-autopoisis is too "cute".