Re: GCC with formal testing docs

Hi,

>    I know GCC is a wonderful compiler collection. I like it and trust
> it.

     That sounds dramatic. Never trust a compiler if you want to test it :)

> But, I can't find any formal docs about Testing GCC, both unit
> testing and integrat testing. I think, as a software, GCC should be
> tested and own a test report.

    GCC owns quite a good testreport.

>    Can someone give me some infomation about how the GCC workteam test
> it? Lexical analysis, syntactical analysis, RTL generation ... or
> testing from other aspects.

   I assume you are referring to the testing phase of a project life
cycle and that you are aware of all wiki pointers.
But then I wonder what is "formal".

>    Maybe I ask a strange question, maybe it isn't worth thinking:).

     Maynot be too strange except that probably elementary levels
of testing phase (lexical ,syntax) are somehow crossed. Your efforts to
create such docs are always welcome.

--
Regards,
Anitha B