Re: -dv -fdump-rtl-all question

On 7/18/07, Seongbae Park (박성배, 朴成培) <seongbae.park@gmail.com> wrote:
On 7/18/07, Sunzir Deepur <sunzird@gmail.com> wrote:
> So basically I want to assume the maximum vcg file that is created
> is a function of the optimizations and not a function of the source file..

Why?
There's no guarantee,
although usually on any particular version of gcc on a given platform
with given options, probably it is.

Let's say I compile a very big project with "-dv -fdump-rtl-all". I want to know that all C files will eventually have the same maximum VCG file. So I can just use "-dv -fdump-rtl-stack" and know I will have vcg output for all files. I don't want to worry about a possibility that some of the files couldn't produce the 49.stack.vcg, but if I would have given them "-dv -fdump-rtl-all" I would have get a lower vcg file. I mean, I need the vcg file for each C file and I don't want to miss some just because I used -fdump-rtl-stack and not -fdump-rtl-all.

thank you!
sunzir
--
#pragma ident "Seongbae Park, compiler, http://seongbae.blogspot.com";