This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: RFH: GPLv3
- From: Nick Clifton <nickc at redhat dot com>
- To: David Gressett <jdgressett at amli-denton dot com>
- Cc: GCC <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 10:30:28 +0100
- Subject: Re: RFH: GPLv3
- References: <469664E2.firstname.lastname@example.org>
2. Turn off public access to the code while changing license text in the
This is not necessary. (I am assuming here that by "public access to
the code" you mean access to the svn repository, not access to the
various release tarballs). The repository sources are not an official
release. They are part of the development process for future releases.
Anyone using these sources should be aware of this and not expect them
to remain constant. In particular, in the context of this discussion,
no-one should expect that the mainline repository sources will all exist
under the governance of just one version of the GPL.
I will be as quick as I can in updating the mainline sources, but it is
going to take me a couple of days. I am going to perform the upgrade in
an incremental fashion as I do not have the bandwidth to perform a
single pass commit of all of the sources.