Re: Host/Target confusion in Dwarf output

On 7/12/07, Dave Korn <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote:
On 12 July 2007 17:23, Michael Eager wrote:

Sounds right to me. Basing codegen decisions on HOST_xxxx is just plain wrong and has been an ongoing source of bugs down the years.

Except in this case, the code gen is the same, just the assembly file is different. I don't think comparing two assembly files is a good test, comparing two object files is different and should be the same between the two compilers.

-- Pinski