This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -fstrict-overflow example 4.2 status
- From: Ian Lance Taylor <iant at google dot com>
- To: Christian BRUEL <christian dot bruel at st dot com>
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Jul 2007 09:51:28 -0700
- Subject: Re: -fstrict-overflow example 4.2 status
- References: <email@example.com>
Christian BRUEL <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> The example provided with the -fstrict-overflow description in the
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.2/changes.html page doesn't optimize as
> Is it only a documentation bug ? The example is optimized as expected
> on the trunk.
I only said that the compiler "may" turn it into an infinite loop. It
was intended to be a dramatic example of what can happen in principle,
not a specific prediction of what gcc 4.2 will do.
I'm not opposed to changing the documentation if you have an