Re: -fstrict-overflow example 4.2 status

Christian BRUEL <christian.bruel@st.com> writes:

> The example provided with the -fstrict-overflow description in the
> http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-4.2/changes.html page doesn't optimize as
> described.
>
> Is it only a documentation bug ? The example is optimized as expected
> on the trunk.

I only said that the compiler "may" turn it into an infinite loop.  It
was intended to be a dramatic example of what can happen in principle,
not a specific prediction of what gcc 4.2 will do.

I'm not opposed to changing the documentation if you have an
alternative proposal.

Ian