This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: ODR violation for std::cout etc.
- From: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at cs dot tamu dot edu>
- To: Paolo Carlini <pcarlini at suse dot de>
- Cc: Michael Veksler <mveksler at tx dot technion dot ac dot il>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: 11 Jul 2007 08:30:27 -0500
- Subject: Re: ODR violation for std::cout etc.
- References: <4693B763.firstname.lastname@example.org> <4693BACA.email@example.com>
Paolo Carlini <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
| Michael Veksler wrote:
| > What do you think?
| I think that the "current" solution is very, very old, and "heaven"
| knows how many others didn't work at the time on some "exotic"
| platforms. I would suggest filing a PR and CCing Benjamin.
The "current" situation was "the best" compromise we arrived at in the
very old days of GCC-3.x.x -- see the archive for discussions.
I'd suspect that nowadays we have better ways of handling the
issues -- though I've not done any new investigation.