Re: Writing to Subversion via Git

On 7/3/07, Bernardo Innocenti <bernie@codewiz.org> wrote:
Ollie Wild wrote:
> As an aside to the ongoing git repository discussion, I'm curious if
> anyone has experimented with committing changes to the GCC repository
> via git-svn's dcommit command.  I'm curious to know if it plays nicely
> with GCC's svn commit machinery.

It should. git-svn is bidirectional.

My main concern is with whether or not git-svn preserves proper formatting of change descriptions. For instance, all the imported changes have the tabs removed. I know there are a number of scripts which do things like update Bugzilla based on the descriptions. I just want to make sure git-svn won't break them and/or annoy the heck out of other developers who are trying to view the logs via svn.

Ollie