Re: no_new_pseudos

David Edelsohn <dje@watson.ibm.com> writes:
> 	So far all I read is complaints from you and Richard, but no
> offers to implement your more extensive proposal in the next few weeks.
> You simply are making demands that volunteers implement more extensive
> transformation.  This is a giant Bike Shed preventing incremental
> improvement in GCC.

I don't understand what you mean here.  I'm asking for the target uses
of no_new_pseudos to be kept the same -- with no_new_pseudos defined as
a macro, if necessary -- whereas Kenny is trying to get rid of them.
Surely getting rid of something is a more extensive change than keeping
it?  Especially since Kenny often says that changing the backend is not
something he's particularly comfortable doing.  What Alex and I are
suggesting seems to require fewer backend changes.

Richard