Re: Problem with std_expand_builtin_va_start on targets where sizetype and ptr_type_node don't have the same mode

On 05 Jul 2007 18:22:50 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
I think you would want something more like
    rtx va_r = expand_expr (valist, NULL_RTX, VOIDmode, EXPAND_WRITE);
    convert_move (va_r, nextarg, 0);
but other than that I don't see why this would fail.  I think you
should give it a try.

On m32c-elf, this gets me much farther; now it blows up compiling libstdc++'s bitmap_allocator.cc, because for some reason reload wants a MODE_PARTIAL_INT mode with 64 bits. There is no such mode, so get_smallest_mode_for_size aborts. I am attaching the .lreg and .greg dumps to this message (compressed).

Of course you would need to test it on a
backend which does not #define EXPAND_BUILTIN_VA_START; I think ARM is
the only primary platform for which that is true.

Will try arm-elf simulator run overnight. (I *think* there's an arm simulator...?)

zw