Re: no_new_pseudos

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> We might want to take GDB's practice of adding DEPRECATED_ to
> deprecated constructs, such that people who stumble across the code
> are more likely to notice that it needs auditing and updating.

The GDB method (port x86-foo uses deprecated_something, you want to add
port x86-bar which is the same as x86-foo in this regard, but you can't
add new uses of deprecated_* and there are no suitable examples using the
non-deprecated equivalent to follow) is rather unfriendly to occasional
contributors.  (This isn't helped by the state of the GDB internals
manual; the GCC one is rather better.)

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com