Re: flag_complex_method = 2 in C++?

Paolo Carlini wrote:

> Ah, one final remark wrt C++0x: note that currently, irrespective of the
> switches, there is *no way* for the user to choose method 2 in C++. I
> think this is very bad in C++0x mode: essentially, as regards this
> feature, it cannot track C99 as it *must*. I really hope we can enable
> method 2 one way or another...

Yes, that's certainly bad.

To be clear, my preferences, from most preferable to least are:

* Method 2 is the default for all C variants, but can be overridden by
-ffast-math, or -fcomplex-method.

* Method 2 is the default for C99 and C++0x, but not for C89 or C++, but
can be overridden by -ffast-math or -fcomplex-method.

* Method 2 is the default for C99 and all variants of C++, but can be
overridden by -ffast-math or -fcomplex-method.

--
Mark Mitchell
CodeSourcery