Re: no_new_pseudos

Richard Kenner wrote:
>> There are 199 uses of it in the backends; compared to 32 in the front
>> end.
>>
>> So it is quite heavily used by MD code.
>>

> That distinction shouldn't matter unless some of the MD code uses it instead
> of reload_completed, which is (unfortunately) a real possibility.
>
> So I fear those will have to be checked.

there are a few in the back ends that will require some thought.  most
are trivial.

There appears to be an idiom, (or at least a chunk of code that has been
heavily copied) where *_output_mi_thunk sets reload_completed and
no_new_pseudos at the top and clears them at the bottom.

This appears to be the majority of the not trivial places to change and
an explanation by a trained professional would be helpful and greatly
appreciated.

Kenny