This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- From: Paolo Bonzini <paolo dot bonzini at lu dot unisi dot ch>
- To: Kenneth Zadeck <zadeck at naturalbridge dot com>
- Cc: gcc <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Steven Bosscher <stevenb dot gcc at gmail dot com>, "Bonzini, Paolo" <bonzini at gnu dot org>
- Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 18:26:06 +0200
- Subject: Re: no_new_pseudos
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: bonzini at gnu dot org
Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
I do not remember if it was stevenb or bonzini that observed that
because of changes that came with the dataflow branch it is now trivial
to get rid of no_new_pseudos.
For the record, this was Steven's observation. And Kenner confirming
that this was the original purpose of no_new_pseudos is very
encouraging, since he's an integral part of the history of GCC's RTL
I think that, as a first step, we should remove setting no_new_pseudos
to 1 until just before reload. This will effectively turn
no_new_pseudos into a synonym for "reload_in_progress || reload_completed".