Re: no_new_pseudos

Kenneth Zadeck wrote:
I do not remember if it was stevenb or bonzini that observed that
because of changes that came with the dataflow branch it is now trivial
to get rid of no_new_pseudos.

For the record, this was Steven's observation. And Kenner confirming that this was the original purpose of no_new_pseudos is very encouraging, since he's an integral part of the history of GCC's RTL passes. :-)

I think that, as a first step, we should remove setting no_new_pseudos to 1 until just before reload. This will effectively turn no_new_pseudos into a synonym for "reload_in_progress || reload_completed".

Paolo