Re: Some thoughts about steerring commitee work

>  As for C++, I think we need more OO language specific
> optimizations. I don't know what the status of
> devirtualizion which was reported on the previous
> summit.

Sorry for the late replay.

The devirtualization is on hold. Currently GCC is lacking the necessary
infrastructure needed by C++ interprocedural optimizations, like
devirtualization.

The appropriate infrastructure will be provided by LTO. I intend to
incorporate the devirtualization in the LTO framework.

Mircea

infrastructure.