Re: I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable (union members and ctors)

Daniel Jacobowitz-2 wrote:

> On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 04:57:46PM -0700, michael.a wrote:
>> Yeah, I know (mailing lists are so particular -- I guess I fail to see
>> the
>> value beyond a noncentralized discussion)
>
> But since I believe three different people have asked you to move this
> problem to a different mailing list now, could you please do so?  Thanks.
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> CodeSourcery

I'm sorry, it just occurred to me that gcc-help was another forum in this
Nabble interface (I'm not really sure how everything is related -- but
another)

Just for the record...

michael.a wrote:

> In any case, without multilib it makes it to here:
>
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/users/michael/gcc.obj/gcc'
> echo timestamp > stmp-multilib
> cp doc/gcc.1 doc/g++.1
> cp: cannot stat `doc/gcc.1': No such file or directory
> make[1]: *** [doc/g++.1] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/users/michael/gcc.obj/gcc'
> make: *** [all-gcc] Error 2
>
> Not sure exactly what is going on here. The gcc/doc directory is empty.
> I'm assuming everything made it through. There are about a billion targets
> in the Makefile and no explanatory header. Any suggestions for just
> building the essentials?

This hack http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2005-04/msg03614.html seemed to get
through that bug (so many pitfalls)

Since I'm already posting, now I'm seeing:

/home/users/michael/gcc.obj/gcc/f951: symbol lookup error:
/home/users/michael/gcc.obj/gcc/f951: undefined symbol:
__gmp_get_memory_functions

I installed the latest GMP libraries earlier, so I'm not really sure what to
think, unless the libraries aren't backwards compatible. I will mention it
in gcc-help tomorrow, unless I hear something.

I hope this conversation isn't otherwise dead at this point.

sincerely,

michael