Re: I'm sorry, but this is unacceptable (union members and ctors)

On Jun 18, 2007, at 2:36 PM, michael.a wrote:

This suggestion made some ground. But I just can't get a build to complete.
The newest checkout / release aren't compatible with my C libraries it
seems, and I'm not sure its safe dependency wise to just replace the C
libraries. So I rewound my subversion checkout to the same branch as is in
my debian distribution repository. That build gave up when it couldn't find
a directory called config/i386 I think it was. So I downloaded the same
major release as my distro just now (4.0.0) and this one is trying to access
the gcc/include directory with "../include" from "build*/liberty" which
obviously should be "../../include", so it gives up. I just can't win.

Sounds like you're using ./configure. Are you following the directions at:

http://gcc.gnu.org/install/configure.html

-eric