Re: Incorrect bitfield aliasing with Tree SSA

> > I continue to strongly feel that the field type shouldn't be used
> > for ANYTHING!
>
> Then you will continue to get worse code generation than you could, in
> addition to bugs like we have now.

Explain to me why in the following case:

	struct s1 {int a;};
	struct s2 {short a;};

there should be any difference.  Why should one reference something having
to do with "int" and the other "short"?  How does knowing the "type" of
the field here help anything?

Perhaps you are forgetting about MEM_EXPR (which I understand *very well*
since I was the implementor of it)!