Re: GCC Status Report (2007-06-15)

On Sat, Jun 16, 2007 at 04:31:14PM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
> H. J. Lu wrote:
>
> > Who are those relevant maintainers? Since Intel BID patches only
> > affects DFP intrinsics, which is only supported on Linux/PPC,
> > Linux/ia32 and Linux/x86-64 while Linux/PPC uses DPD encoding, not
> > BID encoding, I assume the relevant maintainers are maintainers for
> > DFP, libgcc and x86 backend.
>
> That sounds correct to me.

Good. I have another question. Intel BID patch itself doesn't change
any sources in DFP nor libdecnummber. The only significant change is
to change Makefile in libgcc to use Intel BID library for DFP
intrinsics when BID encoding is selected.  Currently, DFP is only
supported on Linux/PPC, which uses DPD encoding, and Linux/x86, which
uses BID encoding. So Intel BID patch only affects Linux/x86 as
it changes libgcc/Makefile.in to use Intel BID library. Who has
the final say on this patch?

H.J.