Some thoughts about steerring commitee work

Sorry, my first reaction to latest SC announcements was to write
immediately.  But I took time to think more about the situation (now
seing a discussion about "Non-Autopoiesis Maintainers" I am more
convinced in my decision).  Here is my thoughts.  I apologize in advance
if somebody feel offended by what I wrote.  I really have no such
intentions.

Looking at the last SC announcement, it is probably easy to get the
impression that SC is shrunk to David Edelsohn, may be Mark Mitchell
and Gerald Pfeifer.  I see that some people already associate SC only
with David or see him as a single conductor to/from SC (David, nothing
personal.  You are very active and that is good).  But where are the
other members.  By the way this expression is contradict with the
original SC goal creation.

Could you please give us more explanation about your decisions.  Could
you please be more open in your work.  It is natural.  We all work on
open source project.  Some GCC developers don't follow all GCC
development and it would be nice to have an explanation even for
trivial cases of appointments.

For example, about latest appointments of Diego and Ian as GWP.  They
are good guys but I don't see Diego actively working on RTL or Ian
actively working on tree-SSA.  I understand we need more maintainers
and I know others actively working guys (e.g. Paolo Bonzini on rtl or
Jan on upper level).  May be you approached them and they rejected to
be maintainers.  We don't know because there is no explanation.
Without this it looks like a political decision.

Google became active in gcc development and I am sure they will be
more active looking at how they are hunting for good GCC developers
for now.  Nothing wrong to appoint someone from Google to SC to have a
better balance of power.  That was major motivation of SC creation.

If somebody from SC does not follow gcc development and community for
a long time, could you please be more active or think about the
leaving position.  Nothing is wrong with that.  Almost ten years have
been gone since SC creation.  Many things have been changed.

Sorry, I hope this critics (and I know that is not only mine opinion)
is in interests of SC and GCC community.

Vlad