This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: use of %n in genmodes.c causes trouble on Vista
- From: Matt Fago <fago at earthlink dot net>
- To: iant at google dot com, fw at deneb dot enyo dot de
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 08:20:57 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
- Subject: Re: use of %n in genmodes.c causes trouble on Vista
- Reply-to: Matt Fago <fago at earthlink dot net>
> I would say that gets is much more dangerous than %n in printf, but
> presumably Microsoft does not disable gets
Actually, for gets, and essentially the entire stdio.h, Visual Studio 2005
warning C4996: 'gets': This function or variable may be unsafe. Consider
using gets_s instead. To disable deprecation, use
_CRT_SECURE_NO_WARNINGS. See online help for details.