This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
use of %n in genmodes.c causes trouble on Vista
- From: Olivier Hainque <hainque at adacore dot com>
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: hainque at adacore dot com
- Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 09:48:18 +0200
- Subject: use of %n in genmodes.c causes trouble on Vista
genmodes.c uses the %n capabilities of printf to compute the width of
pieces it outputs. This causes troubles on Windows Vista, because ...
<< Because of security reasons, support for the %n format specifier is
disabled by default in printf and all its variants. ... the default
behavior is to invoke the invalid parameter handler ...
It seems to me that we could replace the uses of %n by uses of printf
return values. I'm not clear whether this would be considered portable
Thanks in advance,