Re: Fixed-point branch?

Fu, Chao-Ying wrote:

>> 2. Joseph, at that point, would you please invest a a little
>> bit of time
>> (a couple of hours) to look at the branch, and provide some feedback?
>> Please provide comments to Chao-Ying, and also please let me know
>> whether you think the work is nearly ready for inclusion?
>
>   Maybe you could first check if new machine modes, new TREE structures
> (a saturating bit, fixed-point type, fixed-point constant),
> new RTL structures (fixed-point constant and operators) are ok.

I had not realized that there were so many changes outside of the C
front end.  I think that it does indeed make sense to have someone look
at some of that stuff.  I will be happy to take a look.  Will you please
send me a patch (and CC the list) for the middle-end changes?  It
doesn't have to apply to mainline cleanly, but that will give me -- and
people who know better than I! -- a chance to look over the
infrastructure changes.

Thanks,

--
Mark Mitchell