[OT] Re: Git repository with full GCC history

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 11:00:29AM -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> Gabriel Paubert wrote:
>
> >I just upgraded my git to 1.5.2 and repacked the git repository
> >with git-gc --aggressive. It is quite impressive: the size of
> >the pack file was almost cut in half, from ~23MB to ~12MB!
>
> The --aggressive option is undocumented in 1.5.2.  What
> is it supposed to do?

It is documented in my freshly compiled and installed git:

       --aggressive
          Usually git-gc runs very quickly while providing good disk space
          utilization and performance. This option will cause git-gc to more
          aggressive optimize the repository at the expense of taking much
          more time. The effects of this optimization are persistent, so this
          option only needs to be sporadically; every few hundred changesets
          or so.

	Regards,
	Gabriel